Bi-o-graph



While on the subject, had my head in this since Saturday... it's an oldie... picked up for a steal at the local book shop... been a devoted fan since listening to From Her to Eternity and luckily this biography finishes off just before my listening relationship with Saint Nick soured... Usually books take me an age to get through... on account of my dyslexic head, but I'm whizzing through this with only two chapters to go... A bit journo scrapbook in places, with Cave's words only coming across through the medium of press cuttings, but plenty of supportive material from the rest involved - gives a pretty vivid picture... The mayhem of the Birthday Party years is particularly superb... lots of dot joining and insight, leading to welcome dips back into the recordings...

Comments