Vluba (The Pyramid Album)







Vluba
, flows off the tongue smoothly doesn't it? Don't know much about the band, other than, that they are a psychedelic noise outfit from Buenos Aires, Argentina. Fortunately for us those bastions of the noise underground Tanzprocesz have given us the opportunity of sampling their heady delights. Two long trks are available for dwld with a CDr option that comes in a handsome pyramid package, sporting an extra 10+ mins of audio.

The music is gorgeously murky, starting off like early Tangerine Dream with building electronic washes, then working towards more ‘acid casualty’ territory, with muffled drums and astral projected moans. Liking it’s DIY / live feel, those sliding whistles, that jumble of broken drums, not to mention the unbalanced electronics that spew up around them unpredictably - a real rough diamond sound with an art brute aesthetic that slowly hooks you up to the unholy rumblings of another dimension.



Watch Vluba live courtesy of Google video.

Comments

I am not Kek-w said…
Expect a piece by me on the Argentinian underground in the Dec. ish of Dazed & Confused wh/ includes Vluba...and a post to follow. I've got some of their CDs, but haven't seen that one before...it's fabulous! I wholeheartedly recommend pretty much everything they've done (which I 've heard)...some of it is kinda Buttholes-ish...very out-there Acid Rock! I've been corresponding w/ Aphra from the band for a few weeks now, so I'll be posting a kinda mini-interview once the D& C ish is on the shelves...must score me a copy of that pyramid tho'...it looks great!
they've just done a team-up with Mike Donnelly of MYMWLY under the name of (I think) Weird Acid Prank Club....Vluba're one of my fave bands right now! I think it wouldn't be too difficult to set up a collaboration between them and us if you were game for a laugh...
Cloudboy said…
groovy - liking that syrupy cosmic vibe vluba have going on - my pyramid's on the way hopefully it'll survive the journey unscathed...

I’m defo game for a collab...
I am not Kek-w said…
I'll mention this to Aphra sometime when we're broken the back of the album...Ernesto in Belgium is extremely interested in what we're doing too....I've mentioned it casually to a couple people and been v. surpised and chuffed at the interest that I'm getting back from folk...All I've said is that we'd started doing something and people immediately say: Hey, I'd really like to hear what you're up to...it's really encouraging...I think this might be the start of something extremely interesting, Mic...this 'scene' is like an interlocking micro-universe and people seem to be genuinely and openly supportative and encouraging... anyway, I'm having a total ball doing gis stuff...
I am not Kek-w said…
'Gis stuff' ...sorry, practising my ventriloquist act there...
Cloudboy said…
...looking forward to them
Anonymous said…
www.facebook.com/thechromemoon

www.reverbnation.com/vluba