Ice Bird With Spirals


iCe bIrD wItH sPirAlS - TM

Just re-listening to the master disc of our debut album… it’s a real pleasure to experience it in its completed form. I’ve always dreamed of making an album worthy of inclusion in the NWW list, and I think Kid Shirt and I have given birth to something really special here. It not only fits the wayward profile but also seems to be still mutating, throwing spanners into the musical engine and creating its fair share of surprises. Oh and on the subject of surprises, expect a live manifestation of Ice Bird Spiral in the not so distant future and maybe a small tour – shit, the realisation dawns - we’re a baaannnnddddddd - hope we don’t scare yer!

(we’ll be pretty terrified ourselves)



Comments

I am not Kek-w said…
LOL! Always loved that picture - reckon it'd make a cool little mini-logo/brand or an insert embedded on a larger LP cover...
Sorry to butt in here - but if you're around, tonight, Cloudboy, it'd be lovely to have you come to Cafe Delight on Gloucester Road in Bristol... we're having Bela Emerson (an amazing experimental cellist), Same Actor (beautiful sitar music) and a short Alexander Thomas set as well. I hope you can come!
Cloudboy said…
Thanks KEK, think it would have died on the teeny CD format - Mmmmm, just imagining a smart block-print on a rough-cut 12 inch cover. If it wasn't for the other logo this would have seduced us into oversized packaging me thinks.

Alex - couldn't make it tonight, looks like I've been missing too many great gigs recently, must be something a matter with me...