Azalia Snail and Friends

Saturday 3rd October @ the Cube, Bristol

Paul dragged me out of my sick bed to see his old friend Azalia Snail on Saturday night, I was still harbouring a ‘behind the eyes’ burn and snot filled head, but I was up for it having battled the worse outa my system…


Annette Berlin


T.S. Brooks

She was supported by some jangly, guitar girl harmonics from Houdie & the Sea, gutzy vibes by Annette Berlin of Big Joan fame, plus some acoustic magic from TS Brooks - all very entertaining, but it was Azalia Snail who stole the show for me.


Azalia Snail

Coming across like a psyched Sandie Shaw, vocals drenched in reverbed dissolvings and delayed dé jà vu. No idea what the lyrics were and it didn’t matter as I was loving the hypno-sheen and sunny tempos she was generating. Working up a dizzy sustain from her auto-harp, throwing across this a delicious fingered harpsichord lace full of swooping pigeons... shimmering joy songs that banish marble skies.

Comments